Nelsons Boats Donaghadee
Quinton Nelsons Boats, Donaghadee are the last in a long line of professional seamen, inshore fishermen and family run, boat operations in Donaghadee.
There are no longer any daily boat trips by us from DONAGHADEE.
“The Brothers” our well known trip boat has been in the family from 1947 and now hav ing reached the age of 80 years has been retired.
Or for the more hardy, an opportunity to swim the North Channel accompanied by Guy and Clare Hunter Quinton’s classic historic lifeboat.
View our list of historic lifeboats for sale.
- Dunleary (1/20/2017) - Dunleary. Formerly Dunlaoghaire (Kingstown, Ireland) and Lytham St Annes lifeboat very rare survivor, 45 ft Watson single engined motor sailing lifeboat. built 1919 and very much in original layout. Currently fitted with Gardner engine. Modest conversion needs attention. Ideal for conversion back to original. Must be sold soon. OWNER PREPARED TO ACCEPT IDEAS FOR […]
- Pentland (1/5/2017) - “Pentland” formerly the Thurso lifeboat. sold 06 17 Built at Samuel White’s yard in 1957 as Pentland ON940 a 47ft. Watson , replacement station boat for Thurso. Twin Gardner 5LW marine diesels. After a refit and conversion to self righting in 1974 she became the Mumbles station boat until 1989, she ended her working career […]
- Linton Lady (11/11/2016) - Linton Lady, Horizon class 32ft motor sailer. built Berthon boat Co, first commissioned 3 /68 been in currnet ownership many years. Recent Volvo 2000 series diesel engine(Perkins based) Alloy mast and spars, stainless steel rig. Winters ashore in covered shed. vessel and machinery maintained to high standard. £25.000 or near.
- George Urie Scott. (10/2/2016) - George Urie Scott, 48ft Solent class lifeboat built 1969 for the Lochinver station, also served at Roslaire and relief. Corten steel hull, alloy superstructure. Twin gardner 6LX diesels Vessel original outward, converted for comfort internally. Beautifully maintained vessel in excellent condition. Based Holland..
- Francis W Wotherspoon of Paisley (10/2/2016) - Francis W Wotherspoon of Paisley, 47 foot Watson class lifeboat, built for the Islay, Western isles, station 1959. Twin Gardner 5LW marine diesels. vessel largely original in internal and external layout. Seroiusly for sale
- HCJ, now Seawitch (7/29/2016) - Seawitch, formerly the Thurso lifeboat, “HCJ” built 1928, 45.6 Watson class twin engine lifeboat. Excellent internal conversion to liveaboard / cruiser. Twin 90hp diesels reported in good condition. Recent suit of sails.
- Gemini Explorer ex 70-003 (7/18/2016) - 70 foot Clyde class former lifeboat now beautifully converted to tripping with accommodation for 12 passengers. Owners comments. Gemini Explorer was the ex Clovelly lifeboat 70-003. Built in 1974 released from service 1989. Sold to Kent fisheries as a patrol boat then sold again in 2000. In 2001-2002 she had an extensive re fit […]
- THOMAS MARKBY (7/5/2016) - Former lifeboat Thomas Markby Ambler; former “Thomas Markby” 40 ft RNLI Watson Liveboat, built by Saunders, Cowes in 1928 , stationed in Swanage , converted By Saunders 1958, German registration Last owners since 1977 Hull: Mahogany on Oak Displacement : 16 t Aftcabin with double bed, middle cockpit, cabin with engine, next salon with galley, 2 […]
- J REGINALD CORAH (6/18/2016) - Rother class lifeboat formerly stationed at Swanage Dorset 1972 92. Powered by twin Ford based 4cylinder marine diesels 50hp each. vessel retains all her lifeboat fittings and equipment and is reported as needing some tlc but generally in very good condition. Currently on the continent therfore shipping home to UK by road transport would be […]
- PATROLMAN (6/18/2016) - Patrolman, formerly the Tyne port authority harbourmasters launch. 45ft motor launch, Iroko on Oak. Gardner 6LX marine diesel in large walk around engineroom. Auxiliary Ford engine driving hydraulic bow thruster. Large wheelouse with hydraulic steering, Gardner morse controls and array of electronics inc autopilot Raymarine plotter / radar. Sailor VHF radio. Forecabin / saloon with […]
- David and Elizabeth King & EB. (12/12/2015) - Solent class “David and Elizabeth King & EB” formerly the Longhope, Orkney lifeboat. SOLD Built of corten steel with alloy superstructure 1970, sold out of service 1990. Inherently self-righting. Twin Gardner 6lx diesels 110hp each. Vessel is unaltered from service days apart from some internal comforts. Extremely well maintained by current owner. […]
- John Gellatly Hyndman. (10/11/2015) - sold oct 16 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d9vk0o2t2yewen5/8aLsJat16V John Gellatly Hyndman, formerly the Stronsay lifeboat, built 1955 and served until 1985. 52ft Barnett Stromness class. twin Ford 6cylinder diesels, one recently replaced. Excellent internal conversion incl aft cabin sole lowered to give full headroom, stainless steel cooker / central heating, heads and berths forward. outwardly original Bow thruster. […]
- Charles Burton (4/8/2015) - Charles Burton. A pulling and sailing lifeboat conversion. Built 1904, 38foot, Liverpool class. Now motorised, engine currently removed for service. Requires internal and external refurbish excellent restoration project, houseboat or coastal cruiser. Currently in Isle of Man Free toa good home Road transport available from Isle of Man Manx Independent Carriers. Mic.co.im
- GENERAL R Dudley Blake SOLD for Restoration 09 16 (10/16/2014) - Pulling and sailing lifeboat built for the Blackrock, Ireland station, served 1909 1935. For many years in use as a licensed trip boat, inspected by Irish Dept of Marine to carry 32 passengers. vessel in long term storage ashore and does need some restoration to the original cork belting . Very rare example of […]
- James Stevens No 10 (10/8/2014) - James Stevens No 10, formerly the St Ives lifeboat, built 1899. Fully restored and slightly modernised ( with an engine)for tripping 2002 /3. 37.5ft LOA, 9ft8 Beam, 3ft draught Boat has been laid up ashore for some time, comes with a renewable category 3 coding for inshore tripping 12 passengers and 2 crew. Ford 4 […]
- HELEN TURNBULL (10/6/2014) - Helen Turnbull Sold. Waveney class RNLI lifeboat, built Groves and Guttridge Cowes, 1974 sold 1999 Stationed at Sheerness and Achill Island Now converted with additional deck cabin over original well deck amidships. Additional deck rails fitted forward. twin Caterpillar 3208t marine diesels approx 1500hrs 6 berth, 4 aft and 2 in forecabin. heads […]
- St Brendan (10/5/2014) - Price reduced for quick sale £45k 2016 St Brendan, formerly the Roslaire Harbour Arun class lifeboat. Recently refitted as dive boat with replacement engines and complete internal renovation Now sleeps up to 17 persons in 3 cabins Wheelhouse converted to saloon. General Extensively refurbished and had a Full MCA Commercial Coding to […]
- PRINCESS OF WALES (10/5/2014) - Princess of Wales, formerly the Barmouth lifeboat. 37 foot Rother class, fully self righting. One of only 2 constructed in cold moulded mahogany. Twin Ford 4 cylinder diesels in walk through layout.approx 1200 hrs. 5 Berths, Raritan Lectra vaccuumWC and wash facilities forward. Wheelhouse extended aft to provide saloon / dining area. Condor […]
- Robert Edgar (10/1/2014) - Robert Edgar 52-18, formerly the St MARYS Isles of SCILLY LIFEBOAT 1981 1997, SOLD 2002. to current owner in New Zealand where it is offered for sale. Owners furnished details. 52–18 was first delivered in 1981 to St Mary’s RNLI Station in the Scilly Isles – Islands approximately 28 miles West of Cornwall in England […]
- Henry Comber Brown withdrawn Jan 17 (9/29/2014) - Henry Comber Brown PRICE REDUCED 04 2016 Must be sold. “Henry Comber Brown” formerly the Tenby lifeboat built 1955, sold 1986. 46.9ft Watson class, midships steering. Twin Ford 6 cylinder diesels running well. very economical @ approx 3 gallons per hour Formerly used as a Isle of Man Sea Cadet training vessel and […]
- Sir Max Aitken (9/29/2014) - Sir MAX AITKEN Sir MAX AITKEN, Arun class GRP former lifeboat, recently modestly converted internally to provide comfortable accomodation. Commercial code for 60 miles. Length – 52 ft (15.9/rn) Breadth – 17 ft (5.2 m) Displacement – 30 tons Load draught aft – 5 ft (1.5 m) Load draught forward – 3 ft 9 […]
- Mersey class prototype (9/28/2014) - SOLD 01 17 Mersey Class Prototype OPEN TO SENSIBLE OFFERS NOV 2015 Prototype of the mersey class lifeboat This Mersey class prototype constructed with ALLOY HULL AND SUPERSTRUCTURE was never actually in service as a lifeboat , used to test equipment and machinery. Vessel now in private hands as a commercial trip boat. […]
- Ex Lifeboat HF Bailey (9/28/2014) - Ex Lifeboat H F Bailey, the first motor lifeboat to bear the famous name and served at Cromer, Norfolk 1924 to 1937 when she was replaced with a twin engined boat bearing the same name. This vessel then moved to Margate in Kent and was renamed JB Proudfoot. She served there with distinction including being […]