Quinton Nelsons Boats, Donaghadee are the last in a long line of professional seamen, inshore fishermen and family run, boat operations in Donaghadee. Whether it is a fishing trip with the kids, a pleasure trip to the Copeland Islands, or a charter with either boat to suit your requirements.
“The Brothers” our well known trip boat has been in the family from 1947 and still provides entertaining days out, for all the family, as she has done for almost 70 years.
Or for the more hardy, an opportunity to swim the North Channel accompanied by Guy and Clare Hunter Quinton’s classic historic lifeboat.
View our list of historic lifeboats for sale.
- J REGINALD CORAH (6/18/2016) - Rother class lifeboat formerly stationed at Swanage Dorset 1972 92. Powered by twin Ford based 4cylinder marine diesels 50hp each. vessel retains all her lifeboat fittings and equipment and is reported as needing some tlc but generally in very good condition. Currently on the continent therfore shipping home to UK by road transport would be […]
- PATROLMAN (6/18/2016) - Patrolman, formerly the Tyne port authority harbourmasters launch. 45ft motor launch, Iroko on Oak. Gardner 6LX marine diesel in large walk around engineroom. Auxiliary Ford engine driving hydraulic bow thruster. Large wheelouse with hydraulic steering, Gardner morse controls and array of electronics inc autopilot Raymarine plotter / radar. Sailor VHF radio. Forecabin / saloon with […]
- David and Elizabeth King & EB. (12/12/2015) - Solent class “David and Elizabeth King & EB” formerly the Longhope, Orkney lifeboat. SOLD Built of corten steel with alloy superstructure 1970, sold out of service 1990. Inherently self-righting. Twin Gardner 6lx diesels 110hp each. Vessel is unaltered from service days apart from some internal comforts. Extremely well maintained by current owner. […]
- John Gellatly Hyndman. (10/11/2015) - John Gellatly Hyndman, formerly the Stronsay lifeboat, built 1955 and served until 1985. 52ft Barnett Stomness class. twin Ford 6cylinder diesels, one recently replaced. Excellent internal conversion incl aft cabin sole lowered to give full headroom, stainless steel cooker / central heating, heads and berths forward. outwardly original Bow thruster. This vessel maintained to […]
- Charles Burton (4/8/2015) - Charles Burton. A pulling and sailing lifeboat conversion. Built 1904, 38foot, Liverpool class. Now motorised, engine currently removed for service. Requires internal and external refurbish excellent restoration project, houseboat or coastal cruiser. Currently in Isle of Man Very keen seller. Comments comments
- OLIVE LEAF (3/26/2015) - Olive Leaf. build by Smith and hutton Arbroath 1964 as a lobster boat. 33ft X 12 ft X 4.5ft Converted 70’s to family cruiser. 5 berths in 2 cabins, galley, separate heads with shower. Gardner 6LW runs like it should. very economical and easy to handle. recent update on electronics hydraulic steering Boat […]
- Duke of York (1/24/2015) - Duke of York, 41 foot Watson class lifeboat formerly stationed at the Lizard Cornwall 1934 / 1961. now converted to family cruiser. Twin Ford 4 cylinder diesel engines removed from dismantled Oakley class lifeboat. Large wheelhouse and cabin structure fitted some years ago and now in need of some attention. Could be restored to […]
- Lifeboat 70-001 Charles H Barrett . (11/25/2014) - Full description with excellent internal photos by the owner available on request. The pictures say it all. Dolphin, formerly the cruising lifeboat 70-001 “Charles H Barrett” built on the Clyde at Yarrows, 1965. Now converted to fabulous cruiser. 8 guest berths + crew Powered by twin Gardner 8L3B marine diesel engines 240hp each. in 2 […]
- GENERAL R Dudley Blake (10/16/2014) - Pulling and sailing lifeboat built for the Blackrock, Ireland station, served 1909 1935. For many years in use as a licensed trip boat, inspected by Irish Dept of Marine to carry 32 passengers. vessel in long term storage ashore and does need some restoration to the original cork belting . Very rare example of […]
- Davys Family (10/8/2014) - Rother class lifeboat 37 ft X 12 ft X3.5 ft. twin Ford 4 cylinder diesels. Ex Shoreham Harbour lifeboat 1981 /93. Currently stored at our yard in N Ireland. 6 years. 1 0f only 2 built in cold moulded timber epoxy construction. vessel in need of some refurbishing, All marineply decks require replacing, numerous fittings […]
- James Stevens No 10 (10/8/2014) - James Stevens No 10, formerly the St Ives lifeboat, built 1899. Fully restored and slightly modernised ( with an engine)for tripping 2002 /3. 37.5ft LOA, 9ft8 Beam, 3ft draught Boat has been laid up ashore for some time, comes with a renewable category 3 coding for inshore tripping 12 passengers and 2 crew. Ford 4 […]
- HELEN TURNBULL (10/6/2014) - Helen Turnbull Sold. Waveney class RNLI lifeboat, built Groves and Guttridge Cowes, 1974 sold 1999 Stationed at Sheerness and Achill Island Now converted with additional deck cabin over original well deck amidships. Additional deck rails fitted forward. twin Caterpillar 3208t marine diesels approx 1500hrs 6 berth, 4 aft and 2 in forecabin. heads […]
- St Brendan (10/5/2014) - Price reduced for quick sale £45k 2016 St Brendan, formerly the Roslaire Harbour Arun class lifeboat. Recently refitted as dive boat with replacement engines and complete internal renovation Now sleeps up to 17 persons in 3 cabins Wheelhouse converted to saloon. General Extensively refurbished and had a Full MCA Commercial Coding to […]
- PRINCESS OF WALES (10/5/2014) - Princess of Wales, formerly the Barmouth lifeboat. 37 foot Rother class, fully self righting. One of only 2 constructed in cold moulded mahogany. Twin Ford 4 cylinder diesels in walk through layout.approx 1200 hrs. 5 Berths, Raritan Lectra vaccuumWC and wash facilities forward. Wheelhouse extended aft to provide saloon / dining area. Condor […]
- Robert Edgar (10/1/2014) - Robert Edgar 52-18, formerly the St MARYS Isles of SCILLY LIFEBOAT 1981 1997, SOLD 2002. to current owner in New Zealand where it is offered for sale. Owners furnished details. 52–18 was first delivered in 1981 to St Mary’s RNLI Station in the Scilly Isles – Islands approximately 28 miles West of Cornwall in England […]
- Henry Comber Brown (9/29/2014) - Henry Comber Brown PRICE REDUCED 04 2016 Must be sold. “Henry Comber Brown” formerly the Tenby lifeboat built 1955, sold 1986. 46.9ft Watson class, midships steering. Twin Ford 6 cylinder diesels running well. very economical @ approx 3 gallons per hour Formerly used as a Isle of Man Sea Cadet training vessel and […]
- Sir Max Aitken (9/29/2014) - Sir MAX AITKEN Sir MAX AITKEN, Arun class GRP former lifeboat, recently modestly converted internally to provide comfortable accomodation. Commercial code for 60 miles. Length – 52 ft (15.9/rn) Breadth – 17 ft (5.2 m) Displacement – 30 tons Load draught aft – 5 ft (1.5 m) Load draught forward – 3 ft 9 […]
- Mersey class prototype (9/28/2014) - Mersey Class Prototype OPEN TO SENSIBLE OFFERS NOV 2015 Prototype of the mersey class lifeboat This Mersey class prototype constructed with ALLOY HULL AND SUPERSTRUCTURE was never actually in service as a lifeboat , used to test equipment and machinery. Vessel now in private hands as a commercial trip boat. Vesssel re-engined for current […]
- Ex Lifeboat HF Bailey (9/28/2014) - Ex Lifeboat H F Bailey, the first motor lifeboat to bear the famous name and served at Cromer, Norfolk 1924 to 1937 when she was replaced with a twin engined boat bearing the same name. This vessel then moved to Margate in Kent and was renamed JB Proudfoot. She served there with distinction including being […]