Quinton Nelsons Boats, Donaghadee are the last in a long line of professional seamen, inshore fishermen and family run, boat operations in Donaghadee. Whether it is a fishing trip with the kids, a pleasure trip to the Copeland Islands, or a charter with either boat to suit your requirements.
“The Brothers” our well known trip boat has been in the family from 1947 and still provides entertaining days out, for all the family, as she has done for almost 70 years.
Or for the more hardy, an opportunity to swim the North Channel accompanied by Guy and Clare Hunter Quinton’s classic historic lifeboat.
View our list of historic lifeboats for sale.
- OLIVE LEAF (3/26/2015) - Olive Leaf. build by Smith and hutton Arbroath 1964 as a lobster boat. 33ft X 12 ft X 4.5ft Converted 70’s to family cruiser. 5 berths in 2 cabins, gaslley, separate heads with shower. Gardner 6LW runs like it should. very reasonably priced to sell. Comments comments
- Duke of York (1/24/2015) - Duke of York, 41 foot Watson class lifeboat formerly stationed at the Lizard Cornwall 1934 / 1961. now converted to family cruiser. Twin Ford 4 cylinder diesel engines removed from dismantled Oakley class lifeboat. Large wheelhouse and cabin structure fitted some years ago and now in need of some attention. Could be restored to […]
- Lifeboat 70-001 Charles H Barrett . (11/25/2014) - Full description with excellent internal photos by the owner available on request. The pictures say it all. Dolphin, formerly the cruising lifeboat 70-001 “Charles H Barrett” built on the Clyde at Yarrows, 1965. Now converted to fabulous cruiser. 8 guest berths + crew Powered by twin Gardner 8L3B marine diesel engines 240hp each. in 2 […]
- GENERAL R Dudley Blake (10/16/2014) - Pulling and sailing lifeboat built for the Blackrock, Ireland station, served 1909 1935. For many years in use as a licensed trip boat, inspected by Irish Dept of Marine to carry 32 passengers. vessel in long term storage ashore and does need some restoration to the original cork belting . Very rare example of […]
- Davys Family (10/8/2014) - Rother class lifeboat 37 ft X 12 ft X3.5 ft. twin Ford 4 cylinder diesels. Ex Shoreham Harbour lifeboat 1981 /93. Currently stored at our yard in N Ireland. 6 years. 1 0f only 2 built in cold moulded timber epoxy construction. vessel in need of some refurbishing, All marineply decks require replacing, numerous fittings […]
- James Stevens No 10 (10/8/2014) - James Stevens No 10, formerly the St Ives lifeboat, built 1899. Fully restored and slightly modernised ( with an engine)for tripping 2002 /3. 37.5ft LOA, 9ft8 Beam, 3ft draught Boat has been laid up ashore for some time, comes with a renewable category 3 coding for inshore tripping 12 passengers and 2 crew. Ford 4 […]
- HELEN TURNBULL (10/6/2014) - Helen Turnbull Waveney class RNLI lifeboat, built Groves and Guttridge Cowes, 1974 sold 1999 Stationed at Sheerness and Achill Island Now converted with additional deck cabin over original well deck amidships. Additional deck rails fitted forward. twin Caterpillar 3208t marine diesels approx 1500hrs 6 berth, 4 aft and 2 in forecabin. heads with holding […]
- St Brendan (10/5/2014) - St Brendan, formerly the Roslaire Harbour Arun class lifeboat. Recently refitted as dive boat with replacement engines and complete internal renovation Now sleeps up to 17 persons in 3 cabins Wheelhouse converted to saloon. General Extensively refurbished and with a Full MCA Commercial Coding to operate up to 60 miles offshore (12 passengers […]
- PRINCESS OF WALES (10/5/2014) - Princess of Wales, formerly the Barmouth lifeboat. 37 foot Rother class, fully self righting. One of only 2 constructed in cold moulded mahogany. Twin Ford 4 cylinder diesels in walk through layout.approx 1200 hrs. 5 Berths, Raritan Lectra vaccuumWC and wash facilities forward. Wheelhouse extended aft to provide saloon / dining area. Condor […]
- GREATER LONDON II (10/5/2014) - Formerly the Southend on Sea and Beaumaris Lifeboat sold out of service 1991 to her current owners. This is a rare opportunity to own a medal winning ex-lifeboat. During her illustrious working life she was credited with saving 160 lives. Since retiring, Gallichan formally known as Greater London II (Civil Service No.30) ON 921 has […]
- Robert Edgar (10/1/2014) - Robert Edgar 52-18, formerly the St MARYS Isles of SCILLY LIFEBOAT 1981 1997, SOLD 2002. to current owner in New Zealand where it is offered for sale. Owners furnished details. 52–18 was first delivered in 1981 to St Mary’s RNLI Station in the Scilly Isles – Islands approximately 28 miles West of Cornwall in England […]
- SIR WILLIAM ARNOLD (10/1/2014) - Sir William Arnold formerly the St peter port, Guernsey lifeboat. Arun class built 1973, cold mould construction, sold from service 1997. Excellent internal conversion to motor yacht SAmuel J. “Samuel J” has had an extensive conversion and refurbishment job done over the winters of 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 at Kinsale Boatyard. See attached pictures, […]
- Henry Comber Brown (9/29/2014) - Henry Comber Brown “Henry Comber Brown” formerly the Tenby lifeboat built 1955, sold 1986. 46.9ft Watson class, midships steering. Twin Ford 6 cylinder diesels running well. Formerly used as a Isle of Man Sea Cadet training vessel and very well maintained. Was Slipped annually in local shipyard. Minor below deck conversion. Exterior as original new […]
- Sir Max Aitken (9/29/2014) - Sir MAX AITKEN Sir MAX AITKEN, Arun class GRP former lifeboat, recently modestly converted internally to provide comfortable accomodation. Commercial code for 60 miles. Length – 52 ft (15.9/rn) Breadth – 17 ft (5.2 m) Displacement – 30 tons Load draught aft – 5 ft (1.5 m) Load draught forward – 3 ft 9 […]
- Mersey class prototype (9/28/2014) - Mersey Class Prototype Prototype of the mersey class lifeboat This Mersey class prototype constructed with ALLOY HULL AND SUPERSTRUCTURE was never actually in service as a lifeboat , used to test equipment and machinery. Vessel now in private hands as a commercial trip boat. Vesssel re-engined for current owner by Pembroke dock boatyard. TWIN […]
- Ex Lifeboat HF Bailey (9/28/2014) - Ex Lifeboat H F Bailey, the first motor lifeboat to bear the famous name and served at Cromer, Norfolk 1924 to 1937 when she was replaced with a twin engined boat bearing the same name. This vessel then moved to Margate in Kent and was renamed JB Proudfoot. She served there with distinction including being […]
- Henry Finlay (9/16/2014) - RNLB Henry Finlay Formerly the Macrahanish, Kintyre lifeboat 1911. now with minimal internal conversion to trip boat. Information from Owner New Yanmar diesel engine 3J2HE with propeller, fitted 2013. Safety: about 14 lifejackets with lights, 2 x 12 person grp carley type rafts, 2 liferings, some internal buoyancy, flares, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, throwing […]
- John Gellatly Hyndman (9/16/2014) - FOR SALE John Gellatly Hyndman, formerly the Stronsay lifeboat, 1955 /84 and relief stations 84 / 85 Sold 1985. Powered by 6 cylinder Ford diesels, one recently replaced. Excellent internal conversion,aft cabin with Taylor diesel stove for cooking and heating. seating converts to berths. Toilet in separate compartment. Berths in original forecabin and forepeak. large […]
- Thomas Corbett (9/16/2014) - Thomas Corbett, twin engined Liverpool class 35ft X 10.6. Hull only and some fittings for restoration. pair of new old stock Lister diesels, test bed run only. No marine gearboxes or parts. The lifeboat retains both prop shafts, brass propellers and steering gear. Owners remarks. This lifeboat was built in 1948 by Groves & […]
- Charles Henry SOLD March 2015 (9/16/2014) - Charles Henry, formerly the Selsey and later Baltimore S Ireland lifeboat, built 1968 sold out of service to static display 1987. Vessel returned to sea going condition some years ago, water balast system removed and hull inlets closed up. Concrete ballast substituted. Now used as liveaboard and has not been tos ea for some years. […]
- Charles Burton (9/16/2014) - Charles Burton – Liverpool Pulling Class Charles Burton built 1904, 38ft Liverpool pulling class, served at Grimsby and later as Caister lifeboat. Converted with twin BMC diesel engines currently removed for refit and storage. Hull and machinery reported as in good condition, deckhouse conversion internally and externally may require some upgrading. Priced realistically to sell.. […]