Mary Gabriel, Rother class lifeboat 37ft. coded for tripping.
Mary Gabriel 37-29 ON1000 is the 3rd Rother lifeboat to be built, she was on service in Hoylake from 1974-1990, then Rhyl from 1990-1992.
Powered by twin Ford Thornycroft 250 50hp engines, she cruises at 7kts and burns approx 2.5g an hour, with a top speed of around 8.5kts. A 24v system powers most of the boat’s electronics with the exception of 2 droppers to a 12v system.
She has had a few lucky owners in her time and has been well looked after.
She is fitted with a small galley in what was the survivors cabin. Fairly simple with a sink, worktop, hob and oven. Also a small bench seat with storage under.
Fwd cabin has more seats in a v shape.
The current owner bought her in 2016 from Chatham Museum,
Work done in winter months over last 4yrs include..
- Completely stripped hull of paint/antifouling back to bare wood and started fresh…
- Keel coolers have been removed, cleaned, new seals and sprayed…
- All shaft seals replaced & new grease…
- Newly machined stainless steel aft steering gear and rudder stock….
- Deck walkways scraped/cleaned and resealed…
- Stanchions blasted and resprayed…
- New Head gasket and injectors stb engine…
- Elec Breakers removed and cleaned…
- New LED fwd deck light…
She is currently Coded for 12+2 if someone is looking to use her commercially. (Does not come with some coding requirements, eg; lifejackets) Furuno Radar.
- 2 fixed icon VHF radios
- Lowrance Gen7 touch chartplotter
- Clipper depth/wind readings
- Original fisherman’s anchor
- Bruce anchor on deck and ready
- Digital FM radio/stereo
- Original drogue
- Various Ropes & Fenders
- Radar deflector
Offers on £20k
Back to our Brokerage list
Follow us on Facebook
Nelsons Boats specialise in the sale of historic lifeboats. Historic Lifeboats are the preferred term but are commonly referred to as ex-lifeboats, former lifeboats, old RNLI lifeboats, ex-RNLI lifeboats and many combinations. They all mean the same thing a former RNLI Lifeboat now out of service and sold into private hands. We specialise in ex-RNLI lifeboat sales. Contact Quinton on any aspect of former RNLI Lifeboats.