Quinton Nelsons Boats, Donaghadee are the last in a long line of professional seamen, inshore fishermen and family run, boat operations in Donaghadee.
There are no longer any daily boat trips by us from DONAGHADEE.
“The Brothers” our well known trip boat has been in the family from 1947 and now hav ing reached the age of 80 years has been retired.
Or for the more hardy, an opportunity to swim the North Channel accompanied by Guy and Clare Hunter Quinton’s classic historic lifeboat.
View our list of historic lifeboats for sale.
- RNLB FREDERICK AND EMMA (3/13/2019)- Frederick and Emma, a 45 ft Watson motor sailing lifeboat built for Wick in Scotland 1921 Also served at Amble, Northumberland to 1950. Owners details, FOR SALE ,STADATS’ CONVERTED WATSON CLASS LIFEBOAT Built 1921 bv Saunders of Cowes “Stadats”, built as Frederick and Emma in 1921 by Saunders, Cowes, tsle of Wight, served firstly at […]
- ARUN (12/9/2018)- ARUN, The prototype of this famous class of lifeboat. Built 1971, cold molded timber and epoxy construction hull, alloy superstructure. Radar, GPS, usual radios etc. Twin Caterpillar 3208 diesels. Additional spare parts, propellers, shafts, fuel tanks. More info to follow. Comments comments
- RNLB Sarah Jane and James Season. (10/31/2018)- Sarah Jane and James Season, 47 foot Watson class lifeboat formerly stationed at Teesmouth. Twin Gardner 5LW diesels. Modest conversion in forecabin, 2 bunk berths added and heads in forepeak, otherwiswe boat in original layout. Aft cabin with electric galley, incl microwave and lpg powered generator. Current owners have owned the vessel from the RNLI […]
- RNLB Anne Allen (10/31/2018)- Anne Allen. single engine 35ft Liverpool class lifeboat , the second of the Liverpool class motor lifeboats built and now the earliest in existence. A very significant boat from the history of the RNLI and worthy of preservation. Superb keel up restoration by present owner back to RNLI specs. I have been privileged to see […]
- LAURA MONCUR. (8/15/2018)- For Sale. Formerly Buckie, Scotland Watson class lifeboat “Laura Moncur”. WATSON 47’ Lifeboat “Laura Moncur” ON958 with “Solent SELF-RIGHTING conversion” Built 1960/61 by Groves and Gutteridge I.O.W. Served ant Buckie 1961-84 Relief 84-88 Full restored and presented as a historic working lifeboat. Modern additions to make living onboard for short periods added. Forepeak: Heads […]
- Dunleary SOLD for restoration. (1/20/2017)- Dunleary. Formerly Dunlaoghaire (Kingstown, Ireland) and Lytham St Annes lifeboat very rare survivor, 45 ft Watson single engined motor sailing lifeboat. built 1919 and very much in original layout. Currently fitted with Gardner engine. Modest conversion needs attention. Ideal for conversion back to original. Must be sold soon. OWNER PREPARED TO ACCEPT IDEAS FOR […]
- Pentland SOLD (1/5/2017)- “Pentland” formerly the Thurso lifeboat. sold 06 17 Built at Samuel White’s yard in 1957 as Pentland ON940 a 47ft. Watson , replacement station boat for Thurso. Twin Gardner 5LW marine diesels. After a refit and conversion to self righting in 1974 she became the Mumbles station boat until 1989, she ended her working career […]
- Linton Lady (11/11/2016)- Linton Lady, Horizon class 32ft motor sailer. built Berthon boat Co, first commissioned 3 /68 been in currnet ownership many years. Recent Volvo 2000 series diesel engine(Perkins based) Alloy mast and spars, stainless steel rig. Winters ashore in covered shed. vessel and machinery maintained to high standard. £25.000 or near. Comments comments
- Francis W Wotherspoon of Paisley (10/2/2016)- Francis W Wotherspoon of Paisley, 47 foot Watson class lifeboat, built for the Islay, Western isles, station 1959. Twin Gardner 5LW marine diesels. vessel largely original in internal and external layout. Seroiusly for sale
- Gemini Explorer ex 70-003 sold (7/18/2016)- THIS VESSEL IS NOW SOLD Sept 2019 70 foot Clyde class former lifeboat now beautifully converted to tripping with accommodation for 12 passengers. Owners comments. Gemini Explorer was the ex Clovelly lifeboat 70-003. Built in 1974 released from service 1989. Sold to Kent fisheries as a patrol boat then sold again in 2000. In […]
- J REGINALD CORAH (6/18/2016)- Rother class lifeboat formerly stationed at Swanage Dorset 1972 92. Powered by twin Ford based 4cylinder marine diesels 50hp each. vessel retains all her lifeboat fittings and equipment and is reported as needing some tlc but generally in very good condition. Currently on the continent therfore shipping home to UK by road transport would be […]
- David and Elizabeth King & EB. SOLD (12/12/2015)- Solent class “David and Elizabeth King & EB” formerly the Longhope, Orkney lifeboat. SOLD Built of corten steel with alloy superstructure 1970, sold out of service 1990. Inherently self-righting. Twin Gardner 6lx diesels 110hp each. Vessel is unaltered from service days apart from some internal comforts. Extremely well maintained by current owner. […]
- John Gellatly Hyndman. SOLD (10/11/2015)- sold oct 16 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d9vk0o2t2yewen5/8aLsJat16V John Gellatly Hyndman, formerly the Stronsay lifeboat, built 1955 and served until 1985. 52ft Barnett Stromness class. twin Ford 6cylinder diesels, one recently replaced. Excellent internal conversion incl aft cabin sole lowered to give full headroom, stainless steel cooker / central heating, heads and berths forward. outwardly original Bow thruster. […]
- GENERAL R Dudley Blake SOLD for Restoration 09 16 (10/16/2014)- Pulling and sailing lifeboat built for the Blackrock, Ireland station, served 1909 1935. For many years in use as a licensed trip boat, inspected by Irish Dept of Marine to carry 32 passengers. vessel in long term storage ashore and does need some restoration to the original cork belting . Very rare example of […]
- HELEN TURNBULL NOW SOLD. (10/6/2014)- Helen Turnbull Sold. Waveney class RNLI lifeboat, built Groves and Guttridge Cowes, 1974 sold 1999 Stationed at Sheerness and Achill Island Now converted with additional deck cabin over original well deck amidships. Additional deck rails fitted forward. twin Caterpillar 3208t marine diesels approx 1500hrs 6 berth, 4 aft and 2 in forecabin. heads […]
- St Brendan SOLD Jan 2018 (10/5/2014)- Price reduced for quick sale £45k 2016 St Brendan, formerly the Roslaire Harbour Arun class lifeboat. Recently refitted as dive boat with replacement engines and complete internal renovation Now sleeps up to 17 persons in 3 cabins Wheelhouse converted to saloon. General Extensively refurbished and had a Full MCA Commercial Coding to […]
- PRINCESS OF WALES (10/5/2014)- Princess of Wales, formerly the Barmouth lifeboat. 37 foot Rother class, fully self righting. One of only 2 constructed in cold moulded mahogany. Twin Ford 4 cylinder diesels in walk through layout.approx 1200 hrs. 5 Berths, Raritan Lectra vaccuumWC and wash facilities forward. Wheelhouse extended aft to provide saloon / dining area. Condor […]
- Robert Edgar (10/1/2014)- Robert Edgar 52-18, formerly the St MARYS Isles of SCILLY LIFEBOAT 1981 1997, SOLD 2002. to current owner in New Zealand where it is offered for sale. Owners furnished details. 52–18 was first delivered in 1981 to St Mary’s RNLI Station in the Scilly Isles – Islands approximately 28 miles West of Cornwall in England […]
- Henry Comber Brown withdrawn Jan 17 (9/29/2014)- Henry Comber Brown PRICE REDUCED 04 2016 Must be sold. “Henry Comber Brown” formerly the Tenby lifeboat built 1955, sold 1986. 46.9ft Watson class, midships steering. Twin Ford 6 cylinder diesels running well. very economical @ approx 3 gallons per hour Formerly used as a Isle of Man Sea Cadet training vessel and […]
- Sir Max Aitken (9/29/2014)- Sir MAX AITKEN Sir MAX AITKEN, Arun class GRP former lifeboat, recently modestly converted internally to provide comfortable accomodation. Commercial code for 60 miles. Length – 52 ft (15.9/rn) Breadth – 17 ft (5.2 m) Displacement – 30 tons Load draught aft – 5 ft (1.5 m) Load draught forward – 3 ft 9 […]
- Mersey class prototype (9/28/2014)- Mersey Class Prototype For Sale due to change of plans Prototype of the mersey class lifeboat This Mersey class prototype constructed with ALLOY HULL AND SUPERSTRUCTURE was never actually in service as a lifeboat , used to test equipment and machinery. Vessel now in private hands, formerly used as a commercial trip boat, therefore […]
- Ex Lifeboat HF Bailey (9/28/2014)- Ex Lifeboat H F Bailey, the first motor lifeboat to bear the famous name and served at Cromer, Norfolk 1924 to 1937 when she was replaced with a twin engined boat bearing the same name. This vessel then moved to Margate in Kent and was renamed JB Proudfoot. She served there with distinction including being […]