Quinton Nelsons Boats, Donaghadee are the last in a long line of professional seamen, inshore fishermen and family run, boat operations in Donaghadee.
There are no longer any daily boat trips by us from DONAGHADEE.
“The Brothers” our well known trip boat has been in the family from 1947 and now hav ing reached the age of 80 years has been retired.
Or for the more hardy, an opportunity to swim the North Channel accompanied by Guy and Clare Hunter Quinton’s classic historic lifeboat.
View our list of historic lifeboats for sale.
- RNLB HERBERT JOHN (4/2/2021) - RNLB HERBERT JOHN, formerly the Cloughey Co-Down lifeboat 1939 / 1952 and later Youghal, S Ireland 1952 / 1966. Single engine Liverpool class lifeboat restored to as near original condition as possible by us, using original plans and RNLI equipment sourced as being from this boat when converted to private use. Powered by Ford D (more...)
- MARY GABRIEL (3/19/2021) - Mary Gabriel, Rother class lifeboat 37ft. coded for tripping. Mary Gabriel 37-29 ON1000 is the 3rd Rother lifeboat to be built, she was on service in Hoylake from 1974-1990, then Rhyl from 1990-1992. Powered by twin Ford Thornycroft 250 50hp engines, she cruises at 7kts and burns approx 2.5g an hour, with a top (more...)
- Lady MacRobert Mk2 Solent Class Lifeboat (10/4/2020) - She is a MK2 Solent Class Lifeboat built in 1972 for the RNLI as ON1019, 48-014 and named “Lady MacRobert. After serving with them faultlessly since 1993 in the SAR role at Punte Del Este in Uruguay, ADES have decided to retire ADES 12 after 27 years and put her up for sale. They (more...)
- Solent Class Lifeboat ON1013 – The Royal British Legion Jubilee (10/4/2020) - Solent Class Lifeboat, ON1013, 48-010, “The Royal British Legion Jubilee”, specifications for sale. Callum Ives, August 2020 ON1013 is a Mk1 Solent Class Lifeboat built-in 1971 for the RNLI as ON1013, 48-010 and named “The Royal British Legion Jubilee”. She is a Lifeboat with a rich and at one time a tragic history. She was (more...)
- RNLB St Andrew Civil Service No 10 (7/8/2020) - RNLB St Andrew Civil Service No 10 The St Andrew lifeboat, built 1951 for the Whitehills, Scotland station. 41 foot Watson class with alloy superstructure. Twin Ford “D” series marine engines known as Parsons Porbeagles, 50 hp each. The vessel in the original layout internally and externally. The only lifeboat of this class in original, (more...)
- SOLDThe Richard Vernon and Mary Garforth of Leeds SOLD (7/8/2020) - The Richard Vernon 46’9” Watson class Lifeboat, ON 931 Served at Angle and Wicklow 1957 to 1988 Built 1956 by J Samuel White at Cowes. She was the RNLI’s exhibition boat at the first London Boat Show, held at Olympia in January 1957. She then went to Angle, Pembrokeshire where she served from 1957 to (more...)
- SOLD RNLB FREDERICK AND EMMA SOLD (3/13/2019) - Frederick and Emma, a 45 ft Watson motor sailing lifeboat built for Wick in Scotland 1921 Also served at Amble, Northumberland to 1950. Owners details, FOR SALE ,STADATS’ CONVERTED WATSON CLASS LIFEBOAT Built 1921 bv Saunders of Cowes “Stadats”, built as Frederick and Emma in 1921 by Saunders, Cowes, Isle of Wight, served firstly at (more...)
- ARUN SOLD (12/9/2018) - ARUN, The prototype of this famous class of lifeboat. Built 1971, cold molded timber and epoxy construction hull, alloy superstructure. Radar, GPS, usual radios etc. Twin Caterpillar 3208 diesels. Additional spare parts, propellers, shafts, fuel tanks. More info to follow. Comments comments Please share : Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link More
- SOLD RNLB Sarah Jane and James Season. SOLD (10/31/2018) - Sarah Jane and James Season, 47 foot Watson class lifeboat formerly stationed at Teesmouth. Twin Gardner 5LW diesels. Modest conversion in forecabin, 2 bunk berths added and heads in forepeak, otherwiswe boat in original layout. Aft cabin with electric galley, incl microwave and lpg powered generator. Current owners have owned the vessel from the RNLI (more...)
- SOLD RNLB Anne Allen SOLD (10/31/2018) - UNDER OFFER Anne Allen. single engine 35ft Liverpool class lifeboat , the second of the Liverpool class motor lifeboats built and now the earliest in existence. A very significant boat from the history of the RNLI and worthy of preservation. Superb keel up restoration by present owner back to RNLI specs. I have been privileged (more...)
- LAURA MONCUR. SOLD (8/15/2018) - For Sale. Formerly Buckie, Scotland Watson class lifeboat “Laura Moncur”. WATSON 47’ Lifeboat “Laura Moncur” ON958 with “Solent SELF-RIGHTING conversion” Built 1960/61 by Groves and Gutteridge I.O.W. Served ant Buckie 1961-84 Relief 84-88 Fully restored and presented as a historic working lifeboat. Modern additions to make living on board for short periods added. (more...)
- Dunleary SOLD for restoration. (1/20/2017) - Dunleary. Formerly Dunlaoghaire (Kingstown, Ireland) and Lytham St Annes lifeboat very rare survivor, 45 ft Watson single engined motor sailing lifeboat. built 1919 and very much in original layout. Currently fitted with Gardner engine. Modest conversion needs attention. Ideal for conversion back to original. Must be sold soon. OWNER PREPARED TO ACCEPT IDEAS FOR (more...)
- Pentland SOLD (1/5/2017) - “Pentland” formerly the Thurso lifeboat. sold 06 17 Built at Samuel White’s yard in 1957 as Pentland ON940 a 47ft. Watson , replacement station boat for Thurso. Twin Gardner 5LW marine diesels. After a refit and conversion to self righting in 1974 she became the Mumbles station boat until 1989, she ended her working career (more...)
- SOLD Francis W Wotherspoon of Paisley SOLD (10/2/2016) - Francis W Wotherspoon of Paisley, 47 foot Watson class lifeboat, built for the Islay, Western isles, station 1959. Twin Gardner 5LW marine diesels. vessel largely original in internal and external layout. Seriously for sale Click on any thumbnail image below to see full-size images. Please share : Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy (more...)
- Gemini Explorer ex 70-003 sold (7/18/2016) - THIS VESSEL IS NOW SOLD Sept 2019 70 foot Clyde class former lifeboat now beautifully converted to tripping with accommodation for 12 passengers. Owners comments. Gemini Explorer was the ex Clovelly lifeboat 70-003. Built in 1974 released from service 1989. Sold to Kent fisheries as a patrol boat then sold again in 2000. In (more...)
- David and Elizabeth King & EB. SOLD (12/12/2015) - Solent class “David and Elizabeth King & EB” formerly the Longhope, Orkney lifeboat. SOLD Built of corten steel with alloy superstructure 1970, sold out of service 1990. Inherently self-righting. Twin Gardner 6lx diesels 110hp each. Vessel is unaltered from service days apart from some internal comforts. Extremely well maintained by current owner. (more...)
- John Gellatly Hyndman. SOLD (10/11/2015) - sold oct 16 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d9vk0o2t2yewen5/8aLsJat16V John Gellatly Hyndman, formerly the Stronsay lifeboat, built 1955 and served until 1985. 52ft Barnett Stromness class. twin Ford 6cylinder diesels, one recently replaced. Excellent internal conversion incl aft cabin sole lowered to give full headroom, stainless steel cooker / central heating, heads and berths forward. outwardly original Bow thruster. (more...)
- GENERAL R Dudley Blake SOLD for Restoration 09 16 (10/16/2014) - Pulling and sailing lifeboat built for the Blackrock, Ireland station, served 1909 1935. For many years in use as a licensed trip boat, inspected by Irish Dept of Marine to carry 32 passengers. vessel in long term storage ashore and does need some restoration to the original cork belting . Very rare example of (more...)
- HELEN TURNBULL NOW SOLD. (10/6/2014) - Helen Turnbull Sold. Waveney class RNLI lifeboat, built Groves and Guttridge Cowes, 1974 sold 1999 Stationed at Sheerness and Achill Island Now converted with additional deck cabin over original well deck amidships. Additional deck rails fitted forward. twin Caterpillar 3208t marine diesels approx 1500hrs 6 berth, 4 aft and 2 in forecabin. heads (more...)
- St Brendan SOLD Jan 2018 (10/5/2014) - Price reduced for quick sale £45k 2016 St Brendan, formerly the Roslaire Harbour Arun class lifeboat. Recently refitted as dive boat with replacement engines and complete internal renovation Now sleeps up to 17 persons in 3 cabins Wheelhouse converted to saloon. General Extensively refurbished and had a Full MCA Commercial Coding to (more...)
- PRINCESS OF WALES (10/5/2014) - Princess of Wales, formerly the Barmouth lifeboat. 37 foot Rother class, fully self righting. One of only 2 constructed in cold moulded mahogany. Twin Ford 4 cylinder diesels in walk through layout.approx 1200 hrs. 5 Berths, Raritan Lectra vaccuumWC and wash facilities forward. Wheelhouse extended aft to provide saloon / dining area. Condor (more...)
- Henry Comber Brown withdrawn Jan 17 (9/29/2014) - Henry Comber Brown PRICE REDUCED 04 2016 Must be sold. “Henry Comber Brown” formerly the Tenby lifeboat built 1955, sold 1986. 46.9ft Watson class, midships steering. Twin Ford 6 cylinder diesels running well. very economical @ approx 3 gallons per hour Formerly used as a Isle of Man Sea Cadet training vessel and (more...)
- SOLD Sir Max Aitken SOLD (9/29/2014) - Sir MAX AITKEN Sir MAX AITKEN, Arun class GRP former lifeboat, recently modestly converted internally to provide comfortable accomodation. Commercial code for 60 miles. Length – 52 ft (15.9/rn) Breadth – 17 ft (5.2 m) Displacement – 30 tons Load draught aft – 5 ft (1.5 m) Load draught forward – 3 ft 9 (more...)
- Mersey class prototype (9/28/2014) - Mersey Class Prototype For Sale due to change of plans Prototype of the mersey class lifeboat This Mersey class prototype constructed with ALLOY HULL AND SUPERSTRUCTURE was never actually in service as a lifeboat , used to test equipment and machinery. Vessel now in private hands, formerly used as a commercial trip boat, therefore (more...)